August 8, 2011

Commentary on DCFC's Tourist just for you

On our drive back from Westwood, I took the initiative to over annoy my driver. I heard it before, but it didn't stick with me. But that was a few months ago when I was a few months younger. Now Death Cab's You Are A Tourist will be on repeat a lot this month. Some old fans might hate this because it's just too... positive! My comments will be in parenthesis, and when I say comments, I mean stupid, strange words that will make you raise your eyebrow. Imagine a lot of gusto! And raised arms! And random sounds in between as I try to explain this song to you.


When there's a burning in your heart
An endless yearning in your heart (YES!)
Build it bigger than the sun (the sun is so big, wow go for it!)
Let it grow, let it grow (grow as big as the sun, if you can!)
When there's a burning in your heart
Don't be alarmed (don't be scared, yes you can have aspirations and desires!)

This fire grows higher (YES IT DOES!)

When there's a doubt within your mind (don't doubt, how dare you!)
Because you're thinking all the time (remember, thinking is only intended for do or die exams)
Framing rights into wrongs (no, the cup is half full, bro)
Move along, move along (American rejects)
When there's a doubt within your mind (negative pops up, crush it, erase it, don't give it attention!)

When there's a burning in your heart (again)
And you think it'll burst apart (it's too good to be true, don't let me jinx it)
Or there's nothing to feel
Save the tears, save the tears (stop being such a negative nancy)
When there's a burning in your heart

And if you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born
Then it's time to go (fuck, this is my favorite line, hi hi ) 
And define your destination
There's so many different places to call home (there is, got me thinking, gone gone)
Because when you find yourself the villain in the story you have written
It's plain to see (you are the sole controller of your story, write a great one, be a hero)
That sometimes the best intentions are in need of redemptions
Would you agree?
If so please show me (okay, i don't really care much about this part)

This fire grows higher
When there's a burning in your heart (fire! grows! higherr!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...