July 20, 2011

The Future's Open Wide

    (Summer 2009)


Please, don't go! I know it's what you wanted, but don't leave me! I'm partially joking. You deserve it. From today's events, it seems like the job market is looking up. "Did I tell you I got promoted?" read a text message from my friend. Before this, I discovered that another friend also got hired. Things are really looking up, and it makes me extremely joyous, and at the same time, I wonder when it will be my turn. I can't complain though because I currently have an amazing paid internship (if I complain then I honestly am spoiled rotten.) But it makes me question if my dreams are feasible.

This Summer, the conclusion of my "career" rests in Photography. Wedding and portraiture photography. I know, Right? I must think I'm all that and a bag of Hot Cheetos, to be stating such aspirations. But in the long run, I don't see myself working in an office. I see myself interacting with people, capturing moments that will only happen once (unless they divorce, and marry again) and I see myself bringing smiles and joy to others. If one photo can bring that emotion for them, I am forever content.  The odds are against me. I know how competitive that industry is. I know it won't happen over night. But I do know that if I keep practicing, discover my visual style, avoid the naysayers and follow my gut, then I'll be steps closer to my goal. So, when friends tell me they got the job they applied for, it shouldn't make me feel like I'm behind, like I'm doing something wrong with my life. For me, it'll just take a little more extra licks to reach the center of a Tootsie lollipop. I'm going to bang my head against the wall for that horrible analogy. In all seriousness, I need to let go of my fear of inadequacy and my fear of failure and be as cliche as possible: TAKE A RISK

Here's a song for you:
Nouvelle Vague- I Melt With You

Hope you're having a wild Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...