August 23, 2011

All By MyYelp

One sided

He texted me this while he was in New Mexico. Please, don't get too excited. It read: "The further you go the fatter ppl get." I thought this was hilarious! I have never left the West Coast and I live in an area where people are constantly dieting, so the fact that 1 in 3 Americans are obese doesn't really resonant with me.  I should get to the point of this entry. I'm not saying I want to be part of that American trend. I could always try, but trust me, I will fail. It's just not in my genes. I ain't complainin.

I don't want to be that girl who has to be with her boyfriend 24/7. I don't want to be so dependent on a single person. It's extremely unhealthy. What will happen to you if this person is no longer in your life?  This is a challenge that I'm still going through today, and I have to say I've improved tremendously in the past four years. Jeez, I make this sound like I'm fighting some drug addiction.

From listening to Dr. Drew on Loveline to reading those eye-opening Yahoo! relationship articles, (they're really great at forcing me to take the jump, with headlines like Why some conflict is good, which reminds me, I should dedicate an entry toward these guilty pleasure articles on Yahoo!) the way we are, how we interact, the relationships we have, can be partially, if not completely, due to our childhood. So, yeah, my camp name really works well with this. Bambi aka Mommy Issues (thanks Kermit and Dino) should be reflected upon. I know my weaknesses, and I am aware of why I act the way I do. What I lack in certain areas, I make up in others. For some reason, Ralph Emerson's "Self-Reliance" comes to mind, even though I only read an excerpt from it as an assignment for my AP English class.

Moving on.

In my relationships resume, (someone please make a yelp for people and call it All By MyYelp) I can now add "Long Distance. " I know it's only been a few days, so it is hard to judge how this will go. We're both in the transitioning phase of our lives. We're young and eager with so many things we want to accomplish. That should keep us busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...